About the role
A customer success manager (CSM) plays a valuable role in delivering a rewarding experience for customers. This role will also help the Sr. Manager, Customer Success, create full-featured client service offerings to include Training, Support, and Implementation programs.
A CSM plays three main roles:
- Product Expert: Knows the Enterprise Portal inside and out and can share best practices and train customers to get the most out of the portal.
- Trusted Partner: Able to build authentic, lasting relationships with customers with a mutual concern for their success.
- Customer Advocate: A strong voice for customer experience and feedback to internal teams to help keep a customer-focused culture as we grow.
A CSM proactively guides the customer throughout their journey to create an enduring, expanding, and rewarding commercial relationship. This includes rapid onboarding, implementation, and adoption as well as establishing, tracking, and reporting on shared success criteria. It also requires the CSM to be adaptable and creative to adjust programs and offerings to the needs of the customer.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for new and existing customers.
- Manage all post-sales activity and enterprise customers through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning and execution of their bespoke customer success plan
- Be familiar and confident with navigating multiple business unit environments
- Expertise in supporting a wide range of stakeholders for internal and external projects
- Ability to diagnose issues within customer initiatives and spearhead routes to resolution
- Ensure customer satisfaction that leads to annual renewals and contract expansion.
- Develop a trusted relationship with consistently responsive and expert service.
- Monitor contract deliverables and usage to help customers manage and expand their usage of the Enterprise Portal.
- Drive adoption across multiple departments, stakeholders, and business users
- Host regular check-ins with customers as well as quarterly business reviews to ensure adoption of the portal and realization of success criteria.
- Answer questions and facilitate data requests, user feedback, and bug reporting to our data, product, and engineering teams.
- Act as Voice of the Customer internally to represent customer needs and wants.
- Identify and qualify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities and work with the sales teams to grow revenue from existing customers
- 5+ years working with strategic customers in the technology industry.
- Significant experience in managing customer profiles in line with ACV of $500K or more
- Experience with project management, account portfolio planning and prioritization
- Track record of successful planning and execution of Executive Business Reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication with an emphasis on empathy and solution-oriented responses.
- Proven ability to be an assertive problem-solver and proactive relationship manager who can respond quickly to customer needs and anticipate issues and resolve these in advance wherever possible.
- Experience using cloud software, such as Salesforce, Notion, G-Suite.
- Creative thinker who loves to challenge the way things are done as part of a relentless pursuit of improvement.
- Competitive salary + equity at a well-funded VC-backed startup
- Unlimited vacation time
- Flexible work hours
- Excellent covered health, dental, and vision insurance + 401K
- Monthly stipend (food, gym/wellness membership or classes, cell phone, internet)
- High-end laptop of your choice
- Workstation allowance (standing desk, chair, monitor, etc)
- Collaborative, high-paced, supportive culture
- Conference attendance
- Unlimited budget for books
- Option to work remotely